Thursday, April 4, 2013

Unexpected Surprises

 
The kids and I were nibbling on Easter candy yesterday when I was noticing the stark difference between cheap American chocolate and cheap German chocolate. My hubby is from Germany so his parents send over treats all the time. Their cheap chocolate tastes just like Cadburry chocolate so you can imagine how good the pricier chocolate is. Our cheap chocolate here in America is very waxy and tastes like chocolate wax....and even better when I unwrapped my American Easter Bunny chocolate, I found Santa on the inside! Look closer and see for yourself!! Didn't know how to explain that to the kids other than the economy is bad and Santa has taken on a second holiday :)

German chocloate on the left - American chocolate on the right
 
 
 
After a long and exhausting day and so much on my list undone; what is a mom to do? You guessed it - paint toe nails! There's always time for that right? I'd been promising my girls that if they were good all day and ate their dinner I would paint their toe nails. Oh, how they loved it and oh how it was good for me to spend some one on one time with them for just a half hour.
 
 
 
I went a little wild and created some kind of sparkly mermaid look!
 
 
 
Look at those cute, tiny, chubby feet!


I have to say that when there are days when you feel like you didn't get everything accomplished that you wanted to; before the day is over spend some time with your children doing something they really enjoy and then you won't feel so bad. It makes up all the difference!


DAILY QUESTION

What I want to know is...what are some tips that you do as a parent to tackle your to do list and make time for your kids. Please share!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment