Monday, April 29, 2013

This Little Piggy....


Last week it was my turn to read a Fairy Tale to my son's first grade class for Fairy Tale Friday. I was assigned the Three Little Pigs. Yes, I knew about this for months but didn't come up with an idea until 7:00 AM the morning of. Boy was I stressed about it, but when I came up with the idea it was a relief.

I made the cupcakes as soon as I got out of bed and because I didn't have a strawberry cake mix on hand I put a box of strawberry gelatin in my white cake mix (which I actually like better now). I then ran to the store and hurried down the isles pressed for time searching for candies and cookies that would work for making the pig's face. It's amazing how well I work under pressure.

Finally I had everything I needed and I headed over to the school only for the teacher to awkwardly remind me that homemade food is not allowed at the school for safety reasons. I wanted to burst into tears but then I convinced her to tell the kids that these were cupcakes not for eating, but we were simply making a craft out of food. It worked but the kids were sad that they couldn't eat their cupcakes. It made me sad because deep down I knew they were super yummy.

Because it was early out day, as soon as the kids were done making their cupcakes the bell rang to go home. I tried not to smile as I watched them secretly eating their cupcakes. What a day!

Here's the recipe if you want to make them: http://cookwithlindsey.blogspot.com/2013/04/lil-piggies.html

DAILY QUESTION:

Do you work better under pressure or does your best work come after given plenty of time?

For me it's kind of like hair. When I spend lot's of time on it, it doesn't turn out but when I'm in a hurry and I quickly throw it up, I get tons of compliments.

No comments:

Post a Comment