Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Perfect Day



Friday was a perfect day! Not to mention it was overcast with a rain storm on the way (I love rain storms).

I took the girls to the D.I to look for a Scooby Doo Mystery Machine for a cake topper for my son's birthday cake- I happened to spot one at first glance in the toy section and it was the only one! It was only fifty cents. Yay!

So, then I let the girls each pick two toys. The small ones are 3 for a dollar. Cambrey picked a purse and a princess backpack and Paisley picked a Care Bear car with the Care Bear inside and a purple pony. They were so excited and it was actually fun to see their eyes light up as they scanned the shelves for things I could easily afford. 

 Later that day we went to the Cherry Berry in Layton. My friend's husband wrote this really cute children's book. We went to the book signing on Friday and the kids got free frozen yogurt with the purchase of our book.

It's such a cute book and perfect for father's day gift! I'm so glad I went and got one - my kids love it!

Here's the facebook link

So, after the book signing my son and husband went to the father and son's cam out. Gabe packed this cute little book which is perfect because they talk about camping in it. Unfortunately a big rain storm came and rained them out - they ended up coming home.

When they got home they were soggy and smelled like a camp fire. They put their sleeping bags in the basement and had a little camp out down there. It was cute.
Ann and husband/author Kurt Browning
Meanwhile my daughters and I went to a lovely wedding reception at a new reception center east of where I live. I didn't have to make dinner which was nice and they had a candy buffet that the girls went crazy over




. They thought we were in a real castle and they were on the hunt for princesses. It was so funny.


DAILY QUESTION:

What would a perfect day be like for you? When was the last time you had one?

No comments:

Post a Comment