Tuesday, May 7, 2013

MAYbe It's Meant to Be


One thing I love about May is the flowers. I planted a bunch over the weekend and made sure that I bought plenty of flowers I have never planted before. I love Springtime!

The rainy, cloudy weather has made it even more enjoyable. I just love the smell of rain and BBQ which is why we had one on our patio last night. BBQ'd burgers are the best!

So far May has been great! It will also be the month where I finish up a project that I have been working on since December. Wahoo! I have been writing a three series novel (my first fiction book ever) for my Dad. He had an idea that he really wanted to turn into a book and came to me to ask for my help. I felt good about it which is funny because I have avoided writing fiction since Jr. High. It's so much work and so much thought goes into it - I have probably spent 60 hours or more just at my computer. But this idea seemed right and good, so I went full speed ahead with it. I am just about finished with the first book, and I think I'll write the other two once this first book is in motion. I have sent a summary outline to about 15 literary agents to see if there is any interest.  

This whole experience has been very rewarding. I get to talk to my Dad a lot more often because of this project. I'll write a couple of chapters and then send them to him and he calls me back ranting and raving about the storyline. In fact he said a few chapters back that what I had written had brought him to tears. He wasn't having the best day and then everything I wrote in that particular chapter was exactly what he needed to hear. He said "How did you know?" I didn't know. Some days I don't know where my ideas come from, I'll just start writing and things will come out that I wasn't expecting. It feels like someone is sitting along side me telling me what to write. That alone helps me to feel that maybe this really is all meant to be.

This book has such a good message and mixes mystery, surprise, excitement, romance, supernatural and spiritual elements. In fact, my Dad told me that his wife is so into the story that she anxiously waits for the next chapter to be written, then when I send it she hurries to read it and then she and my Dad get sad when they get to the last page because that means they have to wait for the next chapter to be written. It's been rewarding!

Well, last night I happened to read a May horoscope just for fun and couldn't believe this little section that I just had to share for kicks. It read:

Mars will orbit close to that new moon eclipse May 9/May 10, so this is evidence of just how busy you will be, and how determined you will be to do a good job on your project. Pluto will be very friendly to the planets in your communication house too, so that suggests that an influential friend may help trigger some of the benefits you see, and especially in regard to publishing and writing. 

If you have a birthday that falls on March 10, plus or minus five days, this eclipse will address you directly in a big way. If you were born prior to March 10, you will see a big development on something you already set in motion.  My birthday is March 5th


You may be asked to sign a contract this month, and actually, it would be a good time to do so. 

I couldn't help but laugh a little when I saw that. Anyways, I have been praying that whatever God has in store for this book that I am okay with what his will, whatever it may be. We'll see what happens. :)

DAILY QUESTION:

Have you ever started a project because you felt like you were supposed to - not necessarily because you wanted to? Please share.   

No comments:

Post a Comment