Saturday, May 25, 2013

Somewhere Over the Rainbow


I love rain storms! The smell, the sound, the feel of the rain and wind, the sight of the intense clouds and beautiful RAINBOW!

We love rainbows! When Paisley turned three she had a rainbow birthday party. So, I have a playlist full of songs about rainbows and I love to play it on days like this.

The girls were so excited that they were dancing on the porch. It reminded me of a time about 1985 when my older sister and I put on our white church shoes, swim suits, white gloves and took our umbrellas out in the driveway and danced in the rain.

Rainstorms are invigorating, romantic and sometimes they seem magical. When I was a teenager, I would open up the kitchen window, pop the screen out and then crank up the volume on my cassette player to my tape playlist of Roxette "It Must Have Been Love" The Eurythmics "Here Comes the Rain" and Belinda Carlisle "Circle in the Sand" and "Summer Rain". Yep, those were my rain songs.

I have so many memories about rainstorms, they could fill a book!

DAILY QUESTION: 

What is your favorite rain memory?













No comments:

Post a Comment