Friday, August 30, 2013

Germany Days 9 and 10?


Okay, so this is what happens when I wait too long to organize my pictures. They all get jumbled together with my husband's and I can't remember the order of events. Well around this time we went to the lake with the entire family and Gabe and Manuel got to do this zip line, climbing obstacle coarse thing in the trees. It was huge and would take hours to do the entire thing. It reminds me of something that boy scouts would love to do. The first day we tried to go, a big rainstorm came through and they closed it down. So, we came back the next day.

Gabe was so excited but there were parts where he got scared, especially when there were bees buzzing around him. Soon, a little boy from the branch we attended the previous Sunday recognized Gabe and our family and he decided to join Manuel and Gabe on their adventure. It was cute to see a little boy from primary so eager to help out my son.

Then came the ultimate situation. Gabe had to make it through this section on rope hoops and he panicked. On the other side was a zip line that went all the way across the lake to the other side. Gabe got stuck on his way there and had a fit way up in the trees. He was so upset that the entire forest full of people were staring at him. After about 15 minutes of this, the instructors were trying to find a way to get to him and help him. All the children were having a great time, ours was the only one who was terrified. Gabe began to cry and sob. Soon, a little American boy came running over after realizing that Gabe was speaking English and he tried to assist Gabe from below. Finally after the instructor made his way up there, Gabe made his way to the other side. Then the part I thought he would freak out over (zip lining across the lake) he of course had no problem doing.

Later we made it back to the city carnival and enjoyed the other side that we didn't get to see. Fun rides and yummy food. Manuel's family are not too keen of rides so I went with the children on the rides that needed the accompaniment of an adult. It was fun!

That night there were fireworks. We drove to a sidewalk on a far away street to watch them. I was glad I brought a blanket or the kids wouldn't have had a place to sit. Our kids were so tired by then, that they fought and cried the entire time. Paisley's mosquito bites were itching and we couldn't help her so she screamed the whole time. I think it ruined it for everyone else but at least it's a memory we won't forget!
A yummy salad prepared by Manuel's mom
Stuffed olives, peppers and fried cheese







Opa and Cambrey




The obstacle coarse. It was huge.



The lake before the storm rolled in
Manuel's family's neighbor made these cute hats for our kids



Spaghetti eis!




Mine was chocolate cherry. They brought me the wrong order but oh well :)



Like I said before, he always gets kiwi



Yummy baked fish!


Drinking a mango slushy



Me and Gabe had this ride to ourselves



Notice the clown hanging above  and the garden gnomes below him,
Cambrey, Nalani and Paisley



SECOND

Mmmm...garlic corn!




This was a fun game!
Look at the prizes they won!

He's making me a plum crepe! Eating my crepe!

A doner (that Turkish sandwich I mentioned before)!

My garlic sauce (red and white) pomes frittes! I think I ate these pretty much every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment