Monday, August 19, 2013

Back to School

Okay, had to take a break from the vacation posts since today was the first day of school for all three of my kids! I have a second grader, kindergartener and a preschooler. Last year we had a special back to school dinner the day before school started but this year because we came back from a trip and I hosted a big family party at my house over the weekend there just wasn't time to plan one.

As stressful as this morning was with some family drama and the car not starting causing us to be late, we made it and survived! The highlight - Gabe and Paisley both have lot's of friends from the neighborhood in their classes and Cambrey made it through her first day without any accidents in her pants! I really thought she'd have one because lately it's been happening. Her teacher Ms. B, told me that Cambrey calls her "Ms. Bumblebee". She said that she adores Cambrey - I can't blame her :)

I'm glad that all three kids are in school so I can have some quiet moments to get things done. Emotional? Not one bit. This mama is celebrating! Speaking of "mama" I found out last week that I'm expecting. I have eight months of no kids at home for two days a week - hope I make the best of it!

DAILY QUESTION:

What are your back to school traditions?



Cambrey met her teacher last week


Look at how good she traces her name. Her teacher thanked her for practicing all summer but I told her we have never practiced one! She's left handed.
Her class has 9 kids but during her appointment there were just 2 kids.


Since Paisley is alumni (she had Ms. B a few months ago) she got to help out.

Cambrey loved this song because she got to tap sticks.
They found the dance room.

Paisley on her first day of Kindergarten.
She already made some new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment