Friday, June 14, 2013

Time With My Ma and Pa

What a fun weekend last weekend was! After the ice cream party we went to the neighborhood end of school/water party. Big inflatable water slide and BBQ - so much fun! When it ended, my dad and his wife Candice came up to visit us. To cover everyone's birthday's for the entire year, they take each family out for dinner. We chose the Rib Shack which is so, so, so yummy! (See my earlier post)  My dad was so excited to try these ribs and see for himself.

It was a home run! He loved the ribs, the brisket, the cornbread, the beans - and of course the smokey fry sauce! Afterwards we came back to our place where i served up homemade coconut cream pie ice cream. My dad said it was his favorite. He and Candice made homemade bubbles and brought them for the kids to enjoy! I asked my dad to bring his croquet set. He has had it ever since I was little. Playing croquet with my dad is one of my fondest memories. He brought it and we had so much fun. I won of course!

The next day (Saturday) my mom came up and we went to the Farmington Station and had dinner at Johnny Rockets! Then we went and saw Epic at the movie theater. The kids loved it!  Afterwards we watched the water show outside (just like at the Bellagio in Vegas). They played on the playground and we went to H&M and got some great deals! I love their dollar lip glosses. I found a shirt that had a giant $5 orange tag on it. All the other shirts that were exactly the same were $10. I asked the manager why it was $5 and she said that H&M does these bargain finds where the warehouse sticks $5 tags on random clothing items so the lucky customer who finds them gets a great surprise! I was so happy!

The next day my mom read a really cute pioneer book to my kids and told them a story about the history of the apron. She was so animated and cute while telling it. She made them sticker charts and gave them prizes when the weekend was over for their good behavior.

I made a delicious Mexican dinner with homemade mango salsa, red salsa, pureed chili beans with feta, fresh guacamole, shredded pork tacos, street corn toss, and salad with my special mango dressing. My mom was in heaven and said it was the best meal she ever had in her life. Yay!! I have a special gift for making Mexican food.

Monday morning, my mom made the kids homemade pancakes and took them to the park. It was such a fun weekend. I love summer!

DAILY QUESTION:

What is your favorite flavor of homemade ice cream to make? So far, cookie dough fudge swirl and coconut creme pie are my favorites!







Big bubbles!




Coconut Cream Pie Homemade Ice cream


My Dad swinging the mallet

















My cute little Cherry Pie!







No comments:

Post a Comment