Monday, June 3, 2013

Scooby Doo at the Rietzsch's House

The treat bags
Scooby fruit snacks, scooby snacks, stickers and magnifying glass for solving mysteries!

Gabe wanted a Scooby Doo party this year. It took a little effort but wasn't too hard to find things for his party. I normally do all this online so it's much easier but Gabe changed his mind at the last minute and so I had to get everything from the store.

Though Target and Walmart didn't have Scooby party stuff - they did have Scooby Doo fruit snacks, cereal and Scooby Snacks (graham cracker cookies). I even found some fun Scooby Doo candy at Hobby Lobby.

I bought plates and decorations at the party store and the rest I made myself. I came up with the monster game and looked at pictures online and then free handed them onto posters and then painted. Bought dart guns from the dollar store and the kids had a blast shooting the monsters. Overall I think I did a good job making things and buying things from the thrift store. I saved a lot of money - but not sure about time :)

I was going to create a game at the Scooby and Shaggy snack station where I set up empty cookie jars, soda bottles etc. and they had to shoot gumballs into the jars for prizes - but ran out of time.

We had dog bone cookies, Mini Scooby dogs (hotdogs baked in crescent roll dough), Scooby soda and chips!

It was a fun party! Gabe is such a friendly boy he couldn't narrow down his list of friends to invite, so I limited it to boys only and that cut the list in half. I decided as long as we had it in the backyard all would be well. Good choice!

My dad always tells me how birthday parties should just be cake, balloons and a few kids. No themes, over the top games and decorations etc. I see his point. I think next year we'll limit it to 8 kids. Wait - I think I say that every year!

DAILY QUESTION:

What's the funnest birthday party you ever had or threw for your kids?

Prizes for games - even a Scooby Doo Sucker (Hobby Lobby)
Treat bags (Zurchers)




 Scary witch lady from old Scooby Doo episode
          Scary vampire man from old episode


A villian I free handed from old episode
                 Painted these in one hour

                    Dog bone sugar cookies
Bought bone cookie cutter at Zurchers and used Pillsbury cream cheese frosting and cookie dough.


I went to the D.I (thrift store) and found the mystery machine, tree and creatures for 75 cents
Made a small 6 inch cake and mixed cool whip with 1 pkg of dry vanilla pudding and food coloring to make frosting. Put the cake on a plate on top of a candle holder.



Put Scooby snacks on cupcakes
Used lime and orange extract for frosting!


Bought Scooby balloons at party store and blew them up at home and put them on sticks - to avoid having to use helium and stuff them in the car (they always pop in my car)
Bought Scooby Mylar balloon at Fundaze and the Scooby crepe paper at Zurchers

The boys shot darts at the villians. Whoever hit the face made it to round two and then round two competed for round 3 until we had four winners.
Bought cute orange and green candles at party store


17 kids!
We did the whole party in the backyard



Cambrey's "strawberry shoes"





This game was a hit!
Used double sided foam tape to stick to the stucco


           Scooby and Shaggy Snack Station

Scooby Soda! Lime sherbet and orange pop




Got the cure green and orange candles form party store



                                 Present time!


Started the day out with Scooby Doo cereal!



No comments:

Post a Comment