Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Midway Getaway!

I love Midway, Utah! It's the closest thing to Germany/Switzerland that we have in Utah. So a couple weeks ago my mom invited me to go up with she,my sister and my brother in law. Manuel didn't want to come because of a German soccer game on TV he really wanted to see -  so, I ventured out with the kids!

I'm so glad I went - we had so much fun! We stayed at the homestead and there was a bluegrass band that played under the stars. We went shopping at the cute barn boutique, swam in the pool, swam in the crater, and ate at my favorite restaurant in the whole word - the Tarahumara! In fact we ate their twice! Did you know that the Tarahumara are a Native Americans for Northwestern Mexico? The owner is from Chihuahua, Mexico. Their salsa bar is to die for and they have a bakery with European and Mexican pastries - all made from scratch!

It was a fun weekend and I didn't want it to end! Worth missing for a soccer game? I don't think so  :)

DAILY QUESTION:

What is your favorite nearby getaway and why?

At the Homestead
The barn boutique


The girls' frog prince




Fluffy pillows and bouncy beds!






Paisley learning to float



Aunt "She She" and Cambrey






Coloring on the restaurant table
Playground outside our hotel room


lamb, mahi mahi, shrimp tacos, beans with crumbled cheese, and a salad with passion fruit dressing!

They let you replace the rice with a salad!


Cherise ordered shark tacos - tasted like steak!



Me and my brother in law Jared
Me and Cherise in the crater


The kids think this is a volcano
You can't float in this water on your own - it makes you sink




At the Homestead (our hotel)


Outside of the crater


Guava ice cream!


Vanilla flan!

Ready for church!


This is how all the homes and buildings look in Midway! You feel like you're in the Alps!





A changing spot in our hotel room
We called it the "time out spot"


Just a fourth of the salsas from the salsa bar



Yes this is a kids meal!


No comments:

Post a Comment