Monday, March 31, 2014

Bye Bye March

This last week has been fun and life changing. An old friend called me up and as we got talking she told me about some documentaries on Netflix that I should watch. She's in her 60's and very wise, I always love what she has to say. I watched "Food Matters" and it changed my life. I  decided to switch grocery stores and go organic. Harmon's is my new favorite grocery store and I don't mind driving so far for good food. We have had so much fun trying new food, new fruits and vegetables. I was so excited when I cam home that I took a picture of all the delicious food I bought. It's just about all made local from right here in Utah - and fresh!

We have enjoyed some delicious meals and my goal is to give my family the best immune systems ever, just from eating fresh organic food. So far, Manuel's sickness that he caught over the weekend quickly went away, my skin cleared up, my pregnancy pains went away and Cambrey's anxieties disappeared. I was told these things would happen once we started eating this better diet and it sure has. Apparently, two handfuls of cashews will do the same thing that one dose of Prozac will do. Cambrey is terrified of wind and had been crying earlier in the day when we had to step out of the car and go into the grocery store into the wind. She cries when she feels a small breeze.

As soon as we got home, I gave her the cashews and suddenly she said, "Mom, I'm so happy!" and she smiled and laughed non-stop. So, we took advantage of her good mood and went to the park. She jumped out of the car with no second thought about the wind and ran straight for the playground. Once there, she climbed to the top and shouted, "I'm not afraid of the wind!"  It was a miracle.

All day today my kids have been so good and very happy. There have been no fights and no problems. They also have a lot of energy. I attribute it to the healthy food we are eating. It really has made a big difference in our lives.

Grandma Bev came up to celebrate Easter with us, since we won't see her on Easter because of the new baby. She came up Friday afternoon and made us a homemade cherry, almond cake in my kitchen while I made a homemade wholewheat pizza. Then Manuel came home and we had pizza night with the kids. I bought apple beers (apple soda) that were made in Utah and are healthy (no corn syrup or artificial ingredients). We also enjoyed fresh garlic bread and salad while the kids watched Toy Story.

Manuel and I went on a quick date to go see the movie, Noah. It was a horrible movie and I don't recommend it to anyone. It was the only movie I have been to, where everyone in the audience walked out loudly complaining and warning the people coming into the theater not to waste their money on it. It was a very dark and depressing movie and a times very slow and boring.

Saturday morning we went out to breakfast at Sill's Cafe. It was our first time eating there, even though it has been around for decades and is a popular place. It was very crowded when we got there and we had to wait a long time for a seat. They are famous for their scones and cinnamon rolls. The cinnamon roll I ordered was the size of a large cake and fed my entire family. It was so big, that it causes a big scene as it made an entrance to our table. The hot chocolate I ordered had eight inches of whipped cream above the cup. We had so much food that we were able to take it home and eat it for breakfast on Sunday.

After breakfast, we went around the corner to the duck park and the kids played. Grandma Bev did an Easter egg hunt for the kids and I contributed some of the treats - jelly beans, pears and juices. My mom and I wrapped oranges and carrots in pretty bags and hid those as well. There were also chocolates and money. She gave Paisley and Cambrey a tea set and Gabe a green shirt that he really loves and some coloring books and chalk.

After that we went home and my mom helped me sort through bags of baby clothes that were given to me. We folded them and put them away and then we got ready to go to General Women's Conference. This was the first year they changed the rules and allowed girls eight years and older to attend. Since Gabe is a boy and Paisley is five, I couldn't bring my kids, but at least I had my mom. We enjoyed a delicious dinner at the stake center and then stayed to watch the conference. The building was full and the messages from the leaders of the church were very inspiring and needed. It was such a beautiful and spiritual night.

To make up for all the treats we had this weekend I have been making power smoothies. The kids love them and we have at least 6-8 fruits and vegetables in them, including almond milk and plain yogurt. We are healthy, happy and ready for the baby to finally come!


The giant cinnamon roll. We had already eaten half of it before we took this picture.
The cute bulletin board I decorated this week at church
A cake I invented. It's a vanilla, poppy seed, raisin cake.
This is the poppy seed filling
Here is the trophy the girls won from clogging. Best overall team!
I'm so proud of myself. I made a German torte and the instructions were in German. When Manuel came home from work he was pleasantly surprised. I didn't have any help.
Here are the goods I bought at Harmon's
All made fresh and no preservatives or chemicals. 
Yes, that is orange cauliflower and those are yellow beets.


The cherry almond cake my mom made. Manuel was addicted to it.
Getting ready for the hunt!
Go! Poor little Cambrey got a slow start.



She was scared of the breeze
They came home and had a tea party.
Making a power smoothie.

Cambrey transforming into a happy mood while eating cashews.


No comments:

Post a Comment