Monday, March 10, 2014

My Birthday!

Yep, I turned 33 on March 5th. I woke up bombarded by the kids and their gifts. Gabe made a paper shoe that was also my birthday card. The kids all made me cards and Manuel gave me Ovation Cell Therapy for my hair. I am most excited to use it on Cambrey because she doesn't have much hair and it doesn't grow.

I took me and the girls out for lunch at the Thai Jasmine. It was a nice little break but I don't recommend Thai buffets. There were only 6 items in the buffet all set out on a table with no sneeze guards. It was very empty and the owners hung out at our table and chatted with us.

That night Manuel didn't have anything planned, so I ended up making dinner when he got home and I realized we weren't doing anything for my birthday. He did give me a cheesecake and I blew out some candles. The next day he realized I really had wanted to go out for my birthday so we went out to dinner at Red Robin with the kids (a day late). It was a downpour and we got soaked in the rain.

A friend in my ward felt bad that I made dinner on my own birthday (probably because it was the day before grocery day and we had nothing to make). She showed up at my house the next day with a delicious homemade dinner of calizones, salad and blueberry cake.  We saved it for the next day and I was sure glad I didn't have to cook. Especially because I had my sister and her family over. I have such a wonderful ward and live in the best neighborhood!

The weekend prior, we went to the Farmington Station. We shopped, saw the Lego movie and went to dinner with the kids. Gabe ran into his second grade teacher while she was on a date with her husband.

The week before, we got the house all ready for spring and Easter. Normally, I decorate for St. Patrick's Day but this year I didn't feel like getting out all those decorations. Instead I got out the Easter stuff. Cambrey helped me decorate and was very good at it.

We also had the sister missionaries over for dinner and cooked them a big Mexican dinner. Manuel warned me not to make so much food, but because it was fast Sunday I thought they would be starving and there were three of them. To my surprise they ate very small portions and didn't try everything. They were very quiet and didn't leave us with a message which was very unusual. We were still happy to have them over and ate leftovers for lunch and dinner for three days until it was all gone.

I think we can all agree that we need a break from food for a while. Well, I mean big meals.

DAILY QUESTION: Are you big on birthdays? I am, but my husband calls his birthday "just another day". I think it's important to celebrate big for the people you love. It's really a celebration that they are alive and with you. A celebration of their life!

Eggs in the tree!



Farmington Station






Gabe made the tortillas all by himself!

My famous street corn salad
My famous Mexican Cheescake
My mini strawberry key lime pies.




Thai food


Dinner at Red Robin


Yummy calizones that my friend made

No comments:

Post a Comment