Wednesday, April 9, 2014

It's Spring Time

So, on April Fool's Day the kids played a joke on me. I had already fooled them by telling them that Disney Land was forever shut down because it was too dangerous with the recent earthquakes. So, they got revenge by making fake poop out of clay and putting it in Cambrey's underwear. Gabe said, "Mom, it looks like Cambrey pooped, there's something in her pants." So, I examined her underwear and sure enough I saw what looked like poop. "What?" I shouted, "Did you really poop Cambrey?" Then they all began to laugh and I realized this poop had no smell. The joke was on me!

I made four plates of Easter cookies and took them to the families that I visit teach. We've been eating super healthy at our house, but on the weekends we have no eating rules. 

General Conference weekend was wonderful! The kids paid attention to all eight hours of conference. We have a little game that's a tradition in our family. We set up cups that have pictures on them of all the topics that are usually spoken about in conference. When the kids hear that word, they get to put a bean in the cup. Each bean represents one penny. At the end of each conference session they add up all the beans and get to cash in the final amount at the dollar store. They ended up totaling at $38.00. Wow! They thought it was neat that the cup "Jesus" always had the most beans in it.

It's been perfect kite weather lately and we have been flying this kite in the front yard many times. I love spring time! Gabe has been recruiting all the kids in the neighborhood to go rock hunting with him. They find lots of rocks and then try to cut them open hoping to find diamonds. Then he turns the rocks into rings for his sisters. What a cute boy!

We can't wait until Friday when the baby comes! It's going to be a busy weekend. While I'm in the hospital, there is the soccer sign-up/carnival Friday night, the girls' clogging competition in Salt Lake on Saturday morning, Gabe's soccer game and team soccer pictures, Paisley has a birthday party to go to after and my family is coming up to visit. Then Manuel will take the kids to church on Sunday. He is going to feel like a single parent. What a great husband!

The team trophy from last competition.
The fake poop


My Easter cookies



Homemade pizza on "pizza night"
Gabe made this ring for Cambrey
Paisley and me taking notes


Look out how fluffy and moist they are!
A yummy dinner I made with homemade pasta in it.

The delicious orange rolls that I made for conference
I made vanilla smoothies with our conference breakfast.

Look at how good they were during conference!


I made a homemde Asian soup with Ramen noodles, orange chicken and pickled ginger. I served it with coconut juice and sushi! Cambrey and Paisley said it was their favorite dinner!
I love my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment