Sunday, February 23, 2014

Valentines Day!

Once again, I have to apologize for the delay in posts. I encountered difficulties again with getting the pictures off my phone into the new computer and my husband didn't have time to help me with it until today.

Valentines day was fun at our house! Because I was making a special dinner Manuel took us out for dinner the night before. We went to Famous Dave's and had delicious barbeque. I love Famous Daves and we haven't been there in a few years - mainly because it's not cheap and it's always packed. We waited a long time until there was a table ready, but the food was so good it was worth it!Gabe loved eating all the hottest sauces. 

That night when Manuel got home from work, he knocked on the door and ran away. There on the porch was a vase of pretty flowers. The next morning we all exchanged valentines  and had our heart pancake breakfast and then the kids went to school. Manuel took the day off so he could have a four-day weekend. He went with me to Gabe's class where I volunteered to help with the class valentine party. I brought a game for the kids to play with candy hearts and Manuel and the girls stood by and helped.

Later that day we had our delicious dinner and watched Lady and the Tramp. It was a fun day to spend with the kids. I love Valentine's Day!!

Gabe playing my heart game at school


Gabe making candy flowers
Relay races

Building gum drop towers



SECONDPICTURE

Dinner at Famous Dave's!
Yummy appetizer of burnt bits!

                  Brisket!


Making heart pancakes for breakfast on Valentine's Day.
S

Giving each other our valentines. These were Manuel's.



                     Headed off to school.

            These are what Manuel gave me.

Headed to Gabe's class to help with his party.
All the kids' Valentine's boxes.

Cute candy flowers the kids made.
                        More Valentine's boxes.

Kids making gum drop towers.
Paisley with her Valentine box

She made this at school.
Look at all her Valentines!

This was a cute valentine with a bouncy ball planet inside of it.
My homemade marscapone cherry pie dessert!
                              Our fancy dinner.
                      Artichoke olive salad!

Sparkling grape juice and sparkling peach, pear juice.



Mmm... these were the best steaks ever! Fresh from the local butcher shop. $11 per steak. They had so much flavor and they were so juicy. I had to top them with garlic shrimp.


We served the peach/apple juice with dessert.
         Lips that you want to eat!
Chocolate covered blueberries!


                  Now that's a chocolate kiss!


No comments:

Post a Comment