Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Our Relief Society Christmas Program and Dinner

My calling at church for the past year has been Relief Society Activity Committee Leader. We've been putting on fun activities all year long, but this one was our biggest!

I found a program online called The Women Who Knew Jesus. It was so beautiful. There are six different parts - Elizabeth (mother of John the Baptist), The Wife of the Inn Keeper, The Mother of Mary, The Wife of a Shepherd, The Mother of Joseph and Mary the Mother of Jesus. They each bear their testimony and witness of the Savior.

In between each part there is a musical piece that goes with the next speaking part. Everyone got into character and with only a couple of practices they did a fantastic job!

The theme for the night was The Women Who Knew Him. We had a delicious dinner. I made my yummy garlic, zesty potatoes and my Swedish Meatballs. There were rolls, salads and a yummy apple crisp with vanilla ice cream.

The centerpieces on the table, I created with mason jars, electric candles (from my mantle), branches from our dead tree (that Manuel cut for me) clear cellophane,silver ribbon and we wrapped garland around them.  We were blessed to borrow our Bethlehem backdrop from the mother of one of our committee members. The walls were made from spray painted boxes. The detail was amazing to make them look like stones. I thought to myself this would be so perfect to have a star hanging above the stable and then I remembered I had a star at home! It wasn't easy hanging that star but we did it!

We put together this entire activity on a $100 budget - amazing huh? It was so much work but turned out so lovely! We have a wonderful ward with such amazing sisters and incredible talent. You could feel the Spirit so strong. Just another reason to love Christmas time!




























My Swedish Meatballs
The best berry salad ever!
My zesty, garlic potatoes





No comments:

Post a Comment