Tuesday, November 12, 2013

What I Love About November

I love November!  I just love getting ready for Thanksgiving and looking up yummy recipes to make. This year I am going to make my poached, pear pie and yummy mashed potatoes, homemade cranberry sauce (I'm going to make it different) and a sparkling drink. I can't wait. I love my Thanksgiving decorations. I love my little pilgrims and turkeys. I love the fall leaves outside. I love the smell of the air. I love making yummy dinners - it's something my family can be happy about because with daylight savings it now gets dark at 5:00 pm. I just love holidays and seasons!

I also love the story of the first Thanksgiving. The pilgrims came to America for religious freedom and it was the Native Americans who helped them survive that first winter. All of my ancestors on my mom and dad's side of the family also came to America for religious freedom. When they joined the LDS church in Europe back in the 1800's, they were persecuted for it and they feared for their lives. They came to Utah so they could live and practice their religion in peace. Thanksgiving is all about being thankful and I am thankful for all that my ancestors sacrificed so that I could be born into this wonderful gospel and live in a place where I can practice it in peace. It has blessed my life immensely.

Funny side note: I have an ancestor named "Thankful". That was something I discovered while doing my genealogy.

Daily Question: What are your Thanksgiving traditions? And what are you thankful for?

I love my pilgrim and turkey decorations!
I made this and it only cost me 50 cents. It's still wet in this picture. I love vintage decorations.


Cambrey catching a snooze.



She always asks me to take pictures of her
I love baking in November. This is lemon zucchini bread.


The best muscles ever! This has been Manuel's favorite dinner of the year. I love making seafood dinners.
We had fresh pomegranate and pineapple salad, creamy garlic potatoes, cooked artichokes with lemon dipping sauce and the delicious steamed muscles!


My kids went to town on this dinner. They couldn't stop eating it. they love seafood and muscles. Paisley ended up eating more muscles than any of us. They also love to dip the artichoke leaves in the lemon sauce.                          Manuel ready to feast!

                              Mmmmmmm!!!
Yes, it snowed and the kids got ready all by themselves to go play in it.

           Venturing out into the cold air.



                    They made snow angels!






               I love making candy apples!


SPaisley lost another tooth and a third one is about to come out. Here's what the tooth fairy gave her.




Here is Cambrey making autumn corn at preschool.



It was parent day at preschool. Here she is performing for me.


These are the kind of things she does when she is alone in her room.



                           After church



I wanted to rake just for fun. We didn't have too many leaves.
The girls love to dance on the lawn. They perform for the cars driving by.

No comments:

Post a Comment