Thursday, July 3, 2014

More Carnivals and Reunions

Last weekend we went to Heritage Days in Syracuse. We stayed until dusk while the kids went on all the rides. It was a lot of fun. We actually had a neighborhood swim party scheduled at the Roy Aquatic Center but the cloudy weather made it so they had to cancel. We decided to have pizza night instead and while I was on the way to get the pizza I saw the carnival. I was able to go home and cheer up the kids with the news about the carnival and then we hopped in the car and off we went.

The next morning we went to the parade but had to leave early so we could make it to the Willardson family reunion. It was so fun for the kids! There was a mini carnival set up with face painting, snow cones, games, prizes, treats, drinks, cotton candy, sumo wrestling and a pinata! Of course Gabe was the second person to swing at the pinata and he broke it. He also won the drawing for the giant lollipop full of suckers.

That night we watched the fireworks from our driveway. We have a great view!

Later in the week Gabe was awarded his bobcat at scouts and also was the only one to receive the President Monson award. He felt pretty special.We love July!

I am still doing my 90 day challenge and have lost 13 pounds in 4 weeks. I also lost 2.5 inches of my waist. It's tough eating lettuce all the time while everyone else is eating desserts and yummy food but it will be so worth it when I'm done.







Gabe and Paisley loved this ride! They went on it twice which cost $16
Gabe was too tall for this ride.



Ordering their snow cones

At the parade








Stamping our fingerprints on the Willardson tree.



Grandma Willardson with Cambrey




The twins


Sh wanted a snowflake on her face


He was on the phone the entire time.


The grand prize


Gabe busted the pinata open!
I bought these glasses at the reunion auction.
My zucchini noodles






My lettuce burger

No comments:

Post a Comment