Monday, September 21, 2015

August is Gone

This blog post took me 15 hours to put together. I started uploading videos and pictures 2 weeks ago. I just realized I have not posted our July pictures and videos. So I will work on that this week. Check back by the end of this week to see our July memories.

August was a fun month! We started it off with a day at Pineview Dam with Manuel's co-workers. We boated, played volleyball, did kayaking and paddle boards. A food truck catered and it was tasty.

Tatem had his brain scan at Primary Children's and everything was fine. We knew all would be good but we decided to get the scan so we could have peace of mind. Our new friends from Estonia (three girls) stayed as guests in our home for 5 days. I cooked dinner for them every night and they loved to ask me questions about our religion. They were very interested in learning more and we became great friends.

We got my childhood piano, and my dad helped bring it up on his truck. The kids are loving it and they play on the piano all day every day. They are very good with their lessons. Gabe writes his own music.

We went swimming, to the mountains, and the kids started school. I did a 5 week candida cleanse (attended weekly classes with a group) and I lost 20 pounds. We've been working on preparedness for the uncertain times ahead, and we have been stocking up on food and emergency supplies. Our prophets and leaders have been asking us to do this for the past 30 years but the Spirit has prompted us stronger than ever before to finish our supply before the end of August.

I have been working on being spiritually prepared. During this process I have had some beautiful and incredible experiences too sacred to share. I have received many new spiritual gifts and have been helping many people heal. The Lord has been leading people into my life on a weekly basis and asking me to help heal them and guide them to the Savior. I have witnessed some amazing miracles and I am humbled.

We are so excited for September and have been so busy getting projects finished. Stayed tuned....


Pineview Dam with Manuel's Company






I made these yummy sushi bowls! A mouthful of sushi ingredients without having to make the roll. 


Gabe's fish died.


The kids all got sick on the same day.


At Primary Children's Hospital for Tatem's brain scan.
Waiting for the doctor



Beautiful Full Moon in our backyard







Our new friends from Estonia.


Grandpa Roger and the neighbors helping us move a piano into our house.


Taking a morning swim in our neighbor's pool.





At a splash park in Sandy with Grandma Bev and cousins.












Jared, Cherise and Baby Oliver


Elvis








Watching Shrek the Musical. It was so funny!


Gabe and Tanner




View of the city at sunset.

Grandma bought the girls castle necklaces and tiaras. 

Tatem stacked these cans all by himself. He is amazing!
Our back-to-school end of summer barbecue 












First Day of School






Visiting my great, great uncle's cabin. There is a very special, spiritual and personal story behind this experience. He was a very famous and important man in Utah and in the LDS church. He married the prophet's daughter. Being able to visit this cabin was a rare dream come true. It was so important that I took Paisley out of school and brought her with me. We were so lucky to get a special invitation as the entire mountain is private property. Such an incredible day!



There is his name "Whitaker"

My new friends! They volunteer at my ancestor's museum. 
A distant cousin of mine and new friend!


John Whitaker's cabin. Built around 1910.

The river behind the cabin



A painting of the original cabin.


My great, great uncle John Whitaker and his wife Ida.


This is from something that John Whitaker carved out of wood. He was very proud of it. 



An abandoned cabin where the caretaker of the land used to stay during the winter, many years ago.





walking to the natural spring 

Here is the spring. We got to drink the water. 

Tatem in his new rain boots. I bought rain boots for all the kids.
After the cabin, we had lunch in Park City. This is a crab, mango salad. 



Our neighbor's bought an army truck, to prepare for the uncertain times ahead. 
On our way to the school carnival







We went on a German walk in Ogden.



The Weber River

















I made an apple cinnamon pie
Yummy Hawaiian ice with ice cream in the center and condensed milk poured over the top.




Manuel built shelves in our storage room all in a day.
I made tinctures from the herbs in our garden.


I made this yummy flat bread pizza with crab and sweet chili sauce.

pizza night!

I canned apples from our tree.




I made steak tacos with homemade salsa from our garden.




Gabe made this pineapple coconut cake.

Cambrey's first day of school






Manuel bought a hot tub!


No comments:

Post a Comment