Monday, October 7, 2013

Conference Weekend

Last Weekend was the 183 semiannual General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My family and I look forward to conference so much especially when there is so much negativity and evil going on in the world. It's always refreshing to hear the prophet and his apostles speak inspiring inspiring words directly from the Lord. They give us counsel and guidance for the tough issues we are dealing with in our day. But most importantly they give us revelation. I always walk away feeling inspired, strengthened and reminded of the covenants I have made with the Lord and the blessings that coincide. I also get answers to my prayers through the words of the apostles. 

Some things that were announced at this conference that really amazed me were:
  • It is the 50th anniversary of President Thomas S. Monson being called as an apostle
  • The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is now the fastest growing church on the Earth
  • Membership of the LDS church has just reached 15 million members worldwide
  • There are more members outside of the United States than there are within the United States
  • There are 80,333 missionaries currently serving worldwide
  • The Church 
This really strengthens my testimony that this truly is the Lord Jesus Christ's church. He is in charge and his great and glorious gospel that is rolling forth.

The prophet President Monson has asked us as members to do all that we can to support the missionaries and help them in this great effort to bring the gospel of Jesus Christ to the entire world. I have been doing all I can to help and have received some wonderful blessings.

I truly can testify to you that God continues to speak to a living prophet on the Earth today. That living prophet is Thomas S. Monson. He receives revelation for our day. Our Father in Heaven cares about all of his children and wants us to return to live with him again.  He has given us a plan of happiness called the Plan of Salvation - if we follow it we will find peace, safety and security throughout this life and all eternity. Through the sacred ordinances of the holy priesthood that are performed in the holy temple, we can be sealed together as families for time and all eternity- we can live together forever. I know that I will be with my family forever even in the life to come. It is this gospel of Jesus Christ and this knowledge of living and loving Heavenly parents who love me and want me to return to live with them again, that brings me such happiness and peace.

My children know who their Heavenly Father is. They love him. They know that when they are scared or sad they can pray to him and he will answer their prayers and comfort them. They pray to him daily and have a relationship with him. They know who they are, where they came from and where they are going. This has been a strength for them and comfort for me knowing that they have the knowledge and protection they need to live in a dark and unsafe world. 

I also testify that this is the same church that Christ organized when he was alive on the Earth. It is organized the same and holds the same priesthood keys. 

This is my personal testimony that Jesus Christ lives. By him and through him can all mankind be saved. He loves us and he will return again to reign over the Earth.

I say this in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

If you would like to watch or listen to General Conference here is the link below. I have included an English link and a Deutsch link but you can watch it in any language just by clicking at the bottom of the site on the current language listed :

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2013/10?lang=eng

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions?lang=eng&clang=deu


DAILY QUESTION:

What conference traditions does your family do?
Saturday morning at Gabe's soccer game

Gabe defending his goal in the cold


My warm cuties Saturday morning conference breakfast - French toast, fresh peach topping and fried hashbrown patties.




Sunday morning conference breakfast - my homemade cinnamon bread ring. Served with bacon and dippy eggs.


No comments:

Post a Comment