Thursday, January 1, 2015

Christmas

Christmas was glorious! We had a lot of family time spent together ice skating, making cookies, baking, dinners, stories, and playing. The kids were sad to see our elf go, but he left them a treat and thanked them for letting him be their elf. Paisley was on the naughty list this year which meant she didn't get any of things she asked Santa for on her list. She was a little surprised but still happy with what Santa chose to give her. She said it was the best Christmas ever. Gabe and Cambrey said that too. They got most of the toys they asked for.

It was baby Tatem's first Christmas and he really enjoyed it. He loves his giant elephant and rides it all around the house. We had Christmas dinner with Grandpa Roger and Candice and all the cousins. Great Grandma Cavner was there as well. It was a fun night and full of love.

We spent the next couple of days visiting Grandma Bev and slept at her home with Crista and her kids. We went to see the movie "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day". It was such a good movie. We all laughed so hard. We went to lunch at a famous Mexican Restaurant and visited my Uncle Vernon. Vernon suffers from Schizophrenia and he is my mom's brother. He lives in an assisted living facility and until this year I hadn't seen him since I was 11 years old.  When we visited for the first time this summer, my heart was touched and it felt so wonderful to be able to show him love and make him smile. He was so lonely. Most of their family has passed away or lives out of state. They are not close. 

It was my idea to go visit Vernon and I'm so glad we did. When we got there he didn't want to see us. He was sore and in his bed. I went back to his room and cheered him up. He finally let the rest of the visitors come see him. He has one pair of pants and one shirt and they are dirty and full of holes. I told him I am going to buy him new clothes. I rubbed his feet and put hydroheel on them and then rubbed his sore shoulder and gave him a kiss. It really made his day. It reminded me of Matthew 25:35-40 

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

The best gift I could give the Savior this Christmas was service. By taking care of my uncle I was serving the Lord.

The next day we took all the kids sledding. It was so much fun! We love this time of year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
Christmas Eve after the kids went to bed.
The kid's tree in the office.

Cambrey's very first dentist appointment!
Tatem love's Gabe's bed.

We went to Habit Burger the day before Christmas Eve.
These are the German treats I bought for Paisley's school.

At Station Park in Farmington.
That's the line to see Santa Clause behind us.

Time to go ice skating!





Winkie left the kids a treat on his last day at our house. He wrote them a goodbye message.

The kids made sugar cookies for Santa.


They got out their old presents from last year to show Santa how grateful they are for what they have.
Winkie gave them Sour Patch Kid gum.

I made Christmas burgers (turkey patty with stuffing inside) and homemade fried cheese with cranberry sipping sauce.
I also made eggnog milkshakes with cinnamon!

Driving through the Layton City Christmas lights! (2 miles per hour)


Tatem loved seeing the lights.



Santa came!

This is our house lit up with Christmas lights.
Christmas Eve.

The kids opened their gifts from Opa on Christmas Eve.


Tatem got bath toys!

On Christmas morning it snowed!

Santa left the kids a letter.







She loved her ice cream bath kit.




Gabe gave Manuel hug coupons for Christmas.



My gifts from Manuel!

This is what I gave Manuel.



Here is what Tatem got from Santa!



Glitter boots from Oma

This is what Manuel and I gave Paisley. I painted it for her. It was a challenge to keep it hidden.
The store!

Santa filled the store with yummy treats!

Playing with their presents.
This was Gabe's pile.

Cambrey's pile.

Paisley's pile.

Christmas breakfast!







Feeding her baby vegetables.

Look at her face when she saw the poop. Yuck!!!!

She learned from watching mom, how to fold a diaper.

At Grandma Bev's
Grandma Roger - Look at Manuel in the background.


Tatem and great grandma
Cambrey looking cool on her way to the sledding hill.


Grandma Roger smoked ribs and sausage!

Cambrey got her birthday present from Grandpa Roger and Candice.

A jewelery box






Look how sad.

Sleep over at Grandma's house with cousins.

Sledding on grandma's front lawn.

At the sledding hill.

They had so much fun!

Gabe flying.

Ashton and the girls





We had seafood for lunch! Clam chowder, fish sandwiches and chips, hush puppies, onion rings, fried clams and shrimp! Oh..hot chocolate and key lime pie.
Yes, they were worn out!

Tatem's gift from mom and dad.



No comments:

Post a Comment