Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Thanksgiving Feast


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday feast! It was the first year that we did not have my dinner with my family. My Dad forgot that it was his turn this year and he made other plans. My mom had to work and no one wanted to make the drive to our house. So, we had the missionaries over. 

I made the entire dinner myself which helped remind me that I can do hard things. I made four pies, a turkey, sausage stuffing (dressing), salad, cranberry cinnamon jello, apple cherry ginger ale, rolls, crackers and sweet jalapeno cheese dip, crab soup, veggies and dip, shrimp, stuffed mussels, sweet potato souffle, mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, and bratwursts! 


It was fun to get out the nice crystal goblets and the fancy silverware. We had beautiful classical music playing and the house was clean. There was enough food to feed an army. It lasted us almost two weeks in the fridge, 

We have a lot to be grateful for. We are grateful for family, for good friends and neighbors, for abundance and for the gospel of Jesus Christ. It has blessed our lives so deeply and we know that everything we have is truly a gift from God. His peaceful Spirit dwells in our home and it's a little peace of heaven on earth. 


The shelves at Big Lots were exploding with Stollen. 


Manuel grew a mustache this month! 



We love putting the tree up.



Pumpkin pie - this is everyone's favorite! 


French Silk (chocolate creme) pie


Apple pie

Black Cherry and Tart Cherry Pie

Mussels


Behold the Turkey! 


Our dinner guests 






This was Manuel's favorite.



Pumpkin Pie

Banana Cream Pie


No comments:

Post a Comment