Monday, November 3, 2014

Happy Birthday Cambrey!

Cambrey turned four on the 25th. She had been asking me since her last birthday party if her next one could be a Snow White party. So, we had fun putting this one together.

It's not that easy to find snow white party items. Luckily there are birthday cups and plates online, but other than that - we had to get creative. I made candy apples and wrapped them in cellophane. It's perfect because this time of year you can find the candy apple kits at Walmart for less than $1. These went inside the treat bags.

I was able to find snow white stickers online and put those in the bags along with toy mirrors, apple erasers, glitter putty, red and white polka dot mints and princess castle suckers. 

We played toss the poison apples in the witch's cauldron, snow white lost in the woods (hot and cold game), Seven Dwarfs musical pillows (played the dwarfs music scene from the movie) and we were going to play toss the penny in the wishing well, but didn't have time.

I printed out images online of the dwarfs, the witch, etc. and taped them on the walls near their game stations. I already had red, yellow and blue crepe paper from past parties. I used little forest creature stuffed animals and small Christmas trees to decorate one side of the room where we played Snow White lost in the woods. We had a tiny Snow White doll and we would hide her while each girl took a turn trying to find her with our hot and cold clues. 

I've learned from past parties that making the cake and food take up all my time and make for unnecessary stress before the party. The girls get dropped off and the party is in the basement. The parents never see the food and the girls usually take one bite and throw it away. So this year I pre-ordered a small Snow White cake for Cambrey so she could blow out candles and then ordered Snow White cookies for the girls. Cambrey and I both agreed that little girls waste cupcakes and cake but they love cookies. Plus I wouldn't need to buy ice cream - which also gets wasted. It was all under $15.

I was told that the cake would be ready an hour before the party started. I went to go pick it up and to my surprise they wrote down that I needed the cake on Saturday instead of Thursday. PANIC!! I scrambled to figure out what I was going to do. The girl working at the Smith's bakery I think felt embarrassed so she slowly went off to go help other customers. I was really hoping she would do something to make it right but she didn't. I hurried and grabbed some blue frosted sugar cookies and a small slice of layered cake. When I got home I put a mini snow white doll on top of the cake and put it on a tier then arranged the cookies on a pretty platter and put the tier in the center. To my surprise the girls LOVED the cake. They told me over and over how pretty it was. It ended up costing me $7 for all of it. Less than the per-ordered cake and cookies so I guess that's a good thing.

We served white cheese crackers and lemonade with the cookies. BIG HIT!! We also watched Snow White :) It was a great party.












Gabe and Paisley helping do the games.


They won suckers when they tossed the apples in.

Winners and their prizes.





These are the contents of the prize bags. Missing is the princess castle suckers. Also, the candy apples.






No comments:

Post a Comment