Monday, October 6, 2014

Fall is Here!

So far October has been so fun! We ended September with a fall family party at Grandma Bev's church. We made salads and homemade bread. I made a giant batch of peach ice cream that everyone gobbled up fast. Grandpa Roger and Preston stopped by and had lunch with us.

Afterwards, me my mom and Crista went to General Women's conference at my mom's steak center while Manuel watched all the kids at my mom's house.

We canned lots of tomatoes and have been enjoying this nice 70 degree weather! I met a new friend in August when I was picking up pizza for our dinner. I heard a lady teaching her kids German at the pizza place, so I went over and introduced myself. I found out she had learned German in college and didn't want to forget it so she had been teaching her kids. I asked her if she wouldn't mind teaching us too. So, every Friday we get together after school and have a fun lesson with a treat. We have had two lessons so far. I posted some videos below of our last lesson. She lives not too far down the road and she is a Mormon also. She told me that she went on a mission and hoped it would be to Germany but instead got called here in the states. She plans to move to Germany in a couple years even though her husband doesn't speak German.

This weekend was Gerneral Conference! Broadcasted in 93 languages around the world, the prophet announced that there are now 15 million members of the LDS church. This was the best conference ever! Not because I made pumpkin cream cheese French toast and homemade peach pie, but because of the message.

The message was strong about listening to words of the prophet and not fearing man. Having courage and faith to stay strong in our beliefs regardless of what the world says. It was about bringing everyone back into the body of Christ as one. All those who have wandered away and those who are lost. We need to strengthen the members all over the world because the war with Satan in raging.

The very next day it was breaking news that the Supreme Court shot down the appeal to uphold the same-sex marriage ban here in Utah. Because of this there are now 30 states that have legalized gay marriage. I know that by law, God must now remove his hand of protection over these 30 states and over this nation as wickedness prevails.  We will continue to see famine, drought, wars, natural disasters and plagues increase. I know that the leaders of our church will continue to take a stand. The prophet is a seer and he knows what lies ahead for us in these last days.I'm so grateful for a living prophet who guides the work of the Lord on the earth. I find comfort in knowing that there is safety and peace in obeying the Lord and righteous living.

There happened to be two German speakers this year at conference. One being President Dieter Uchtdorf (my favorite) and the other was Jorg Klebingat. They both decided to give their talks in English though. Jorg Klebingat spoke about how to increase your spiritual well-being. President Uchtdorf spoke about seeking after truth. The kids love seeing President Uchtdorf's wife Harriet on TV because they think she looks just like Oma Christa. I do too.



Elder Bednar ended conference with a talk that was just for those who are not members of the church. I was so excited that I have been sharing it with lots of family and friends. We ask our family in Germany to please watch both videos!! I posted President Uchtdorf's talk/video below (in Deutch) and Elder Bednar's talk/video (in Deutch) also.

Because this was the best conference ever - I posted a link below to all of the talks (in Deutch) from Saturday to Sunday. Please take the time to watch them, feel of the Spirit and pray about what you hear.

Um unsere Familie in Deutschland ... Wir laden Sie zu erfahren, was wir so sehr genossen!

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2014/10?lang=eng&clang=deu

This was the first time that they had speakers from around the world, speak in their native language. I really enjoyed that!

Me and my dad
The bread table

We all made homemade breads
The prize table



Painting pumpkins

My homemade peach ice cream - it was a hit!
Can you see Gabe's head in the curtains?

I love when he laughs and cries at the same time.

Cinnamon bun cookies
My kitchen helper - we are canning tomatoes.

He loves his Daddy!

Sweet baby kisses



They take turns kissing each other.

My good little helper feeding Tatem


Our interesting mystery plant is getting bigger.

I went to a fun bread making class in my neighborhood. We ate scones, cinnamon rolls and pigs-in-a-blanket. So yummy!
My friend made this yummy cake for our German lessons

Getting ready for Halloween.

He's excited to get a passport!


Pumpkin, cream cheese french toast and bacon.


Eating breakfast while listening to the words of the prophet and apostles!

Homemade peach pie!
What does the fox say?



No comments:

Post a Comment