Thursday, July 11, 2013

Get Your Apron On!







It was one of those gloomy, rainy summer days (that I absolutely love)! With all the zucchini bursting in the garden it was clear that we needed to bake some zucchini bread. After all, my hubby and kids hate zucchini - so I have to get creative. I love baking with the kids because it gives them something to do, teaches them some valuable skills and allows me to give them attention while I'm getting things done.

To make it extra fun today we went and located every apron in the house and we all put one on. Gabe struggled with idea of wearing an apron - he thinks they are for girls. Once the food processor started he quickly forgot he was wearing one. Soon, my clean kitchen was covered in flour, egg shells and spilled sugar by the time it was all done - but I was having too much fun to be annoyed at the mess. In fact, we baked a second loaf, and I forgot to turn the timer on so it baked an extra twenty minutes! We call it "the brick".

I also learned something new from this activity - I learned that my son's second favorite bread is zucchini bread and his first is banana bread. Too bad we are not growing bananas in our garden.

DAILY QUESTION - 

What's is your favorite thing to make with zucchini? I like zucchini pickles.

No comments:

Post a Comment